I am working with buyers and together we have struggled to get 3rd party approval for a short sale home they are in the process of buying. It has been a frustrating process because banks can move quickly or they can move slowly. In this case, it’s complicated so is taking a little bit more time.
Today my buyer emailed – to vent her frustration – a new game called “Short Sale Game.” With her permission, I’m publishing it here.
Short Sale Game
# of players: too many
Estimated time to play- unlimited
- Owner 1 (? the person who can not make the payments)
- Owner 2 (the bank who is playing a slow version of I am not sure which game????)
- The buyer, who is trying to spend money ready to move the sluggish economy forward, not to mention obtain a place to live.
- The House which has a listed price that has not confirmed price from the real owner the bank
- The Real Estate Agent working tiressly to help the buyer and earn a living.
Object of the game Frustration for all involved
Her description is so true! Thank you for giving me permission to share this, Janet! You’ve very accurately described today’s short sale process!